In 2016, CloudConstable was selected to participate as a team in the IBM Watson AI XPRIZE. This $5M global competition challenges teams to develop and demonstrate how humans can collaborate with powerful AI technologies to tackle the world’s Grand Challenges. We’re currently in year 2 of the competition which will conclude in the spring of 2020.
our GRAND Challenge
There are significant threats to our personal and financial well-being in cyberspace. These threats can be particularly pernicious for youngsters and oldsters who have limited personal experience handling them. They are also disinclined to seek help from others. This makes them targets for a rogue’s gallery of cyberbullies, cybercriminals and other wrongdoers.
- In 2014 over 2,500 fraud complaints from people 50+ were received by the FBI and the reported losses amounted to over $60 million.
- First contact in online sextortion was by computer 66% of the time, and by mobile phone in 30% of cases;
- About 31% of cases reported that first contact was in social networking platforms,
- 24% in messaging or photo messaging platforms, and
- 12% in voice/video calling platforms or webcam sites;
- About 45% reported contact with the perpetrator on more than one platform;
- About 55% reported that the perpetrator lied or gave a false impression about who they were;
- About 56% of those who provided compromising images reported that they were pressured, tricked, threatened or forced into it (all from a Sextortion online survey).
- The FBI says it’s epidemic, and that at any given moment, 750,000 child predators are online.
CloudConstable is developing an AI-augmented, cloud-deployed subscription service that helps protect privacy and increase security in cyberspace. Our AI Assistant (CloudGirl) monitors and logs your online interactions through one device that becomes your family’s secure social hub. Our animated AI superhero, CloudGirl, is the social conscience of our social network.
software mvp level 1: ai superhero
- Leverage SmartScreenTM to identify & connect known users via voice/video, plus provide bridge to conventional channels
- Include transcription and monitoring of conversations, when desired
- Provide skills to search for and play movie, video and music content
- Users can opt in to allow data collection for building protective services
- Could be extended to provide secure voice & videoconferencing and content sharing